What is Windows Web hosting?
Are you planning to launch a website to beat this competitive world? Many organizations are at present embracing this new shift and developing a mindset to emplane on this massive culture.
Are you the one who wants to cross your desk globally and reap the benefits of the internet boom? Don’t you know about web hosting and other operations that are important for launching and hosting a website?
This article unravels answers for all these questions. They are many doubts regarding website hosting and its services, where the answers are sought out over here.
Are you starting a business?
Did you ever think of what are the basic requirements to initiate the business?
Yes, caught you. you need a shop where you store all your products and display them. Later look for potential customers to sell.
Let me get straight to the point, how do you set up a shop? You need a piece of land to run the shop. But above everything else, what stands out to run a shop is that piece of land.
Even goes the same with your website. You have to store all your website files like text, images etc. You need a place for that. A web hosting company provides this place on the server.
No wonder, with the advent of the internet, there is a pressing need for web hosting. What is web hosting? You want to display your products to the public globally. Right.
Hence, hosting a website means making your website available to this potential audience. A website consists of text, videos, images, and web pages so that the user can view it on the internet. Users can view it only when it is accessible through the internet. To make your website accessible, you have to store all the things at a place called web server. By purchasing space on the server and storing the webpages there means hosting your website. This can be available to the customers worldwide.
Web servers are the applications or computers that serves web pages. These pages are stored on the servers. Every server is amplified by an IP address. The server should have a high specification. The web server has a domain name associated with it. The web server is connected to the internet through this domain name. The companies hosting website, have their own servers and rent a space out to you to host the website. Computers can be turned as an internet server by installing software and connecting the machine to the web.
Features of web hosting
We are in an era where systems are proliferating at a jet-speed. Some of the web hosting companies offer features such as
- Free domain with email accounts
- CMS (Content Management Systems)
- Google Adwords or other kinds of advertising forms
- Site bac-up options
- Website builder with few free templates
- setting up an e-Commerce websites
- Choices of OS (operating systems) such as Windows, Java and Linux hosting
This is the world of competence. The challenges of this modern age amplified daily. Every business wants to show their face online. For this, Managers are spending their energy and time maintaining and managing dynamic websites. Businesses are creating a seismic shake visually and luring potential users.
In this, they are spying on the operating systems which can be used conveniently. In this regards, windows are coming on the top and stacking most of the organizations.
Hosting your website through the Windows OS (operating system) is referred to as Windows hosting. The best feature of windows hosting is
- reliability and authenticity
- end-to-end operational and management responsibilities
- Integrating the internet and businesses together
Are you planning to use a specific Microsoft suite like ASP(Active server pages)? Want to develop your webpages using Microsoft FrontPages? Then the best option is Windows hosting. The database which is comfortable on windows hosting is MS SQL. But only MS Access is provided by Windows Hosting.
Reasons to choose windows hosting
- Many organizations concerned about security opt for windows OS as it comes with .Net. Additionally, you can also install MySQL, WordPress, PHP and other open-source platforms. As it is versatile, it supports all the databases and programming languages
- For newbies, configuring Windows is easy. Windows offers GUI, where creating an online host can be done intuitively. Go to IIS manager and add the new site. For new admins, it provides seamlessly smoother administrative approaches
- Windows is developed and owned by the US largest corporations. Security patches are released frequently and for free. Hence, hosting a website with Windows OS is secured
- Microsoft provides regularly updates its OS. This gives Windows hosting an edge as the updated versions amplify the website speed
- Most of the popular apps like WordPress, Drupal, PhpBB, Joomla can be installed with just one-Click
- There is no cPanel but comes with Plesk which makes easy to know website status, tweak settings. Moreover, creates email accounts, and manages your plans
- Want to have a remote desktop that manages your server, choose dedicated and VPS plans with windows OS
Disadvantages of using Windows hosting
Though windows are best in providing particular specifications. They are some issues associated with it.
- It is difficult to get a similar choice of applications compared to Linux
- Minimum help for troubleshooting apps such as WordPress
- You need to pay the fees for a Microsoft licence. Hence it is expensive than Linux
Windows hosting backed by windows OS is the leading operating system. Both Linux and Windows can be maintained by anyone, even the newbie on any platform Windows, Linux or Mac. Windows platform supports MS Access and MySQL databases. This is one of the common hosting platforms for a safe bet. Without a doubt, there is no one left without using Windows OS. For them, even Windows server also finds as a user-friendly. At last, Windows hosting is best known for its high Compatibility.